Hi girls, as you may know that during my wedding days my skin got really sensitive and I had a lot of pimples on my face. Then during that urgency, I just went to Kaya Skin Clinic. The skin specialist over there examined my face and asked me to stop using all cosmetics, plus he prescribed this cleanser and sunscreen for daily usage. I was having dry patches on face, plus a lot of oily areas too and my skin used to get really itchy. So, I bought both the products and here is the review for the cleanser. I have been using it from last 2 months or so and these views are based upon my experience with this product in that time.
Brand: Kaya Skin Clinic
Name: Kaya Skin Clinic Face cleanser for sensitive skin
Ingredients: Aqua, Polyethylene Glycol 400,Sodium Cocoyl Isethioate, Stearic Acid, Polydimethylsiloxane Polymer, Polysorbate 80, Propylene Glycol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Cetyl Alcohol, Triethanolamine, Disodium EDTA.
Packaging: Packaging is truly high end with serene white bottle. And the material is not some cheap plastic, but it feels good and sturdy in hands. It also comes with a pump, which is another added point for this.
What it claims: “Hypoallergenic- Especially formulated for sensitive facial skin that needs special attention, this mild, soap free formula cleanses gently without dryness or irritation. It calms the skin as it is specially formulated to be non-drying & non-irritating. It’s perfume free and works best with our other facial care products for sensitive skin.” (From their website).
Fragrance: Although the product claims to be fragrance free, there is still a mild smell (which in my opinion sucks big time).
What I like about this:
- Works great for sensitive skin as it is really mild and is non-drying unlike other face cleansers for oily and sensitive skin.
- It can also be worked as makeup remover (although I have never used it for that purpose).
- It actually works (I mean this was the only savior for my sensitive, oily, pimply skin in mind clogging humid weather of Kerala).
- Skin looks quite fresh and clean after using it (and if I am not mistaken I guess it also works as a fairness product, at least it did in my case).
- Price is decent as you get a lot of quantity in 600 bucks. Plus I am using it for last 2 months and still I am on my first bottle.
What I don’t like about this:
- I felt it to be not at all travel friendly, as my pump got some problem during all the travelling and it started revolving at 360 degrees, which is a bit annoying especially when you want to wash your face in a hurry because then many a times I just kept revolving the cap and the product came from no where. But now when I am at home, I have just left it at open mode only.
- I hate its fragrance, and the fact that when Kaya is claiming it to be fragrance free, then why it is still having that annoying smell. And may be that is the only reason why I don’t feel that it would ever take a forever kinda place in my daily routine. As soon as I am out of this acne-and-pimple-prone phase, I am gonna change my cleanser.
My take on the product: I found it to be working really good for sensitive skin. My pimples have reduced to a great extent after using this product. Plus I used to have itching on my cheeks which never happens now. The product is having gel like consistency and a little goes a long way. So, overall it is a great product for sensitive skin.
Would I repurchase it: As long as I am having pimples, I guess I will stick to it. But after that, I am going to change it for sure, because I REALLY hate its no-fragrance fragrance.