Hi Lovelies, so this time I am gonna review Sunscreen Lotion by Kaya Skin Clinic for sensitive skin. Actually these days there are just 3-4 products in my whole skin care regime and this is one of them. Ok, so without further ado, let’s get down to business.
Brand: Kaya Skin Clinic
Name: Kaya Skin Clinic Sunscreen for sensitive skin
Packaging: Packaging is just like the face cleanser from the same brand (reviewed here). The only difference is that sunscreen comes with a transparent cap whereas cleanser has none. The bottle looks really nice and looks cool on the vanity table as well as when you take that out from your handbag. But I guess it is not travel friendly, as mine cap has got a big crack during travelling. But it does not mean the product would be spilled all over your other belongings, because you need to press the pump to get the actual product out.
What it claims: “Hypoallergenic- Specially suitable for sensitive skin, it provides effective protection against harmful UV-A and UV-B rays This light weight, non-greasy formula hydrates the skin and spreads easily leaving a matte finish on the face. It’s perfume free and clinically tested to be non-comedogenic.”
Fragrance: It has a very soft and pleasant fragrance. (Although again the company claims it to be perfume free, but in fact it is not).
What I like about this:
- Packaging looks cool.
- Sunscreen has SPF of 15, which is more than enough for oily skin. (I have seen many people rambling about low SPF and all that, but in fact the more the SPF, the more oily would be the product and your face would look more shiny). So, for oily/sensitive skin an SPF of 15-20 is quite decent.
- Never broke me out. So, it is indeed good for sensitive skin. (Non-comedogenic).
- Spreads easily and about two pumps are enough for face and neck.
- It mattifies the skin and face does not look greasy after application.
What I don’t like about this:
- The only gripe that I have from this product is that the quantity is very less. I mean just 50 ml. in 750/-?? That is a bit too much!! Prior to this, I was using another great product ‘Neutrogena Sunblock’ which was of 425 bucks for 88 ml. And even that works fine for sensitive skin. So, in my opinion this current product is a bit pricey for the quantity it comes with.
My take on the product: Overall I feel that it is really a great sunscreen for sensitive skin. It is soft, pleasantly perfumed, spreads easily and comes in a cute bottle. And above all, it stays true to the claims which it makes.
Would I repurchase it? Hmmm.. may be Yes. (Actually I wanna try spectra ban too which my cosmetologist has recommended, so may be if that suits me, then NO, I won’t buy it again. Because I am sure like hell that spectra ban is not going to put a whole in my pocket).